Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My 90 day eval for work is tomorrow! Is it normal to make little mistakes?

Okay, my last question was on my work performance. To follow up on this I want to be more specific. I began my job as a college student about to graduate. They really liked me and gave me the chance to start 30 hours a week until I graduate. I graduated a month and a half ago and now I am full time. My position is a new position which the person before me quit by the fourth month. I have always worked with children or in a school setting, this job is mainly administrative and deals with money which makes it more stressful. I feel that I have been doing the big things right, I am caught up with everything. The thing is, I messed up in the addition 2 times due to some complicated receipts, I in turn got a huge calculator with paper roll to help me with it. That is mistake number one. I have not messed up since, I have to admit, the calculator helped. I however, continue to make little mistakes such as forgetting to put down a name on a document (actually, it has only happened once: today). Anyway, there are more times I messed up on the little details that make a huge difference, but I can't remember right now. I am also very shy and not very confident since I am required to learn all of the new things that we have to do as a company to be in compliance. I am stressed I do admit, but I am trying my best. It's the small mistakes that get me. I have been there three months and a week, my 90 day evaluation is tomorrow. I am nervous, I feel like I can improve so much, I am just until this day still trying to catch on to the new rules and regulations. Is this normal? I have no idea how my eval will go tomorrow, but I do not feel it will be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment